In accordance with article 14 of its Statutes, the EFEM sponsors an EFEM Lecture given by a scientist who has made an outstanding contribution to the Morphological Sciences.
Applications are requested from Constituent Societies for the EFEM Lectureship, to be delivered annually. Accordingly, the EFEM Executive Board seeks from Constituent Societies:
- nominations for potential speakers,
- invitations to meetings at which the EFEM Lecture is to be given.
Proposals should include a Curriculum Vitae of the nominee.
This will be open only to Constituent Societies which have paid their dues to date.
Assessment procedure: The EFEM Executive Board will appoint a subgroup of three, chaired by the President, to select the EFEM Lecturer. The Board shall propose to the Council the name of the Lecturer and the meeting at which the EFEM Lecture is to be delivered. It will base its proposal upon the following criteria:
- the renown and scientific standing of the suggested persons,
- the necessity to keep balance between the regions of Europe,
Proposals should be made to the EFEM Secretary General:
Prof. Paolo Onori,
Department of Anatomical, Histological, Forensic Medicine and Orthopedics Sciences
Faculty of Pharmacy and Medicine
Sapienza University of Rome
Via A. Borelli, 50
Phone: +39 4991 8075-8067
List of EFEM Lecturers:
- Presented by Professor Jan VOOGD in Rolduc/Netherlands on March 17, 1998 during the Joint Meeting of the Anatomical Society of Great Britain and Ireland and the Nederlandse Anatomen Vereniging.
- Presented by Professor Nicole LE DOUARIN in Rome/Italy on September 15, 1999 during the Congress of the International Federation of the Anatomical Associations (IFAA ).
- Presented by Professor Karl ZILLES on July 26, 2000 in Cambridge (UK) during the Tripartite Meetingof the Anatomical Society of Great Britain and Ireland , the Anatomische Gesellschaft and the Nederlandse Anatomen Vereniging.
- Presented by Professor Miklós PALKOVITS/Hungary on October 11, 2002 during the 64th Meeting of the Swiss Society for Anatomy, Histology and Embryology in Fribourg/Switzerland.
- Presented by Professor Raymond GASSER/USA on July 7, 2004 in Cork (Republic of Ireland) during the Summer Meeting of the Anatomical Society of Great Britain and Ireland.
- Presented by Professor David BRYNMOR THOMAS/Scotland on June 8, 2005 in Belgrade (Serbia & Montenegro) during the XVIIIth International Symposium on Morphological Sciences.
- Presented by Professor Nabutaka HIROKAWA/Japan on 1st April, 2007 in Giessen/Germany during the 102nd Meeting of the Anatomische Gesellschaft.
- Presented by Professor Michael FROTSCHER/Germany on the 17 th August, 2009 during the 17th IFAA Congress in Cape Town (South Africa).
- Presented by Professor Saverio CINTI/Italy on the 8 th August, 2014 during the 18 th IFAA Congress in Beijing (China).
- Presented by Professor Reha ERZURUMLU/USA on the 3rd of September, 2015 during the XXIV ISMS Meeting in Istanbul (Turkey).
- Presented by Professor Dr. Jens WASCHKE/Germany on July 6, 2018 in Prague/Czech, during the XXVI International Symposium on Morphological Sciences.
- Presented by Professor Michele PAPA/Italy on September 22, 2021 in Innsbruck/Austria, during the 115th Annual Meeting of the Anatomische Gesellschaft.
- Presented by Professor Abigail TUCKER/UK on September 20, 2022 in Berlin/Germany, during the 116th Annual Meeting of the Anatomische Gesellschaft