We invite applications from graduates of medicine and/or biomedical sciences for up to four fulltime funded positions up to 4 years duration. These positions combine cutting edge basic
biomedical research training with immersive involvement in the teaching of anatomy at the UCD
School of Medicine.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to:
• Complete a higher research degree (PhD)*
• Build a strong portfolio showcasing experience in teaching.
of human anatomy to medical, biomedical science and allied health students.
Strong academic skills and competency in Anatomy are desirable as
part of the selection criteria, along with proficient communication skills.
*The following higher degree research project is available:
• Early Embryo-Maternal Communication in the Female Genital Tract.
(PhD) Prof. Sabine Koelle
The Scholarship includes the following:
• €18,500 annual tax-free stipend, paid monthly.
• Payment of 100% of EU rate tuition fees (€7,640 per annum)
N.B. U.K. based graduates are eligible for EU rate fees.
• Payment of research training and consumable costs.
Subject to satisfactory progression in teaching and research at annual review,
scholarships can be extended for up to 4 years for the completion of higher degree studies.
To apply* please fill out this Google Form.
*Single pdf document - 1 page cover letter and short CV (max. 3 pages)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS - 20:00 Sunday the 10th of December.
Informal enquiries are encouraged.
Contact: Dr. Neil Docherty
More information on anatomy at University College Dublin www.ucd.ie/medicine/anatomy